Friday 5 March 2021

'L' IS FOR LIFE


What a great challenge over at Just Add Ink - Just Add 'L'.  Looking through my stamp sets I found just the set I wanted to use - a Visible Image set I'd recently bought called Just Be Happy.  I knew it would be a great one for my new journal I'm working on this year - so my L for this challenge is Life.

I started out by cutting my cardstock to 5" x 5" - I added some Distress Oxide Ink in Old Paper and then using a Visible Image stencil called Atomic Flower I went over it in Distress Oxide Frayed Burlap.  

The tree and the leaves and the Touch Life sentiment is from another Visible Image stamp set called Tree of Life. I stamped the tree in Ranger Black Archival and the leaves in Ranger Archival Library Green. I coloured them in with Distress Ink in Mowed Lawn and Crushed Olive and added some Tri Spectrum glitter pen to give them a shine.  I used the same archival green for the sentiment and coloured it in with Distress.  I edged the card with Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers.  I layered the card onto some black card stock. 



I'm also adding this into  Addicted To Stamps - Stencils/Die Cuts - I used a stencil 



4 comments:

Izzy Scrap said...

What a beautiful card ! Love your beautiful stencilled background and how you made such a gorgeous design with all your stamps and colouring. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Chantell Randall said...

Great card - I really like the mix of stencil and stamped images. Love the abstract feel and theme of your card. Chantell Just Add Ink

Lou said...

Wow Fiona! I love all of the details you've layered together. Amazing. Thanks for joining in with us at Just Add Ink. x

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautiful addition to your journal! Love this gorgeous mixed media piece and you have executed it beautifully.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x