Monday 31 August 2020

OODLES OF DOODLES

Doodling is the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge this week -this has featured quite a lot recently with Sweet Stampin on which I'm DT member also had this challenge.  Not something I'd done before - although adding faux stitching with a pen is classed as doodling apparently!  I fancied having another go as I've done a few recently and wanted to use one of Tim Holtz' Crazy Cats to join in with the challenge at International Art and Soul.

I decided to do a tag and grab some blues as the cat doesn't look particularly happy.  Although I seem to have quite a few blue Distress Inks it's not really a colour I choose very often so I decided today was the day.  And even so I had to add a touch of greens lol!  I started out with Distress Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, and Salty Ocean adding a touch of Peacock Feathers and then I couldn't help but add some Twisted Citron.  Using my media mat - which I love by the way - I spritzed them with water allowing them to dry between layers.  

I grabbed some old Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamps for the backgrounds and added my cat.  I then doodled in the cat, adding some paw print doodles, some birds and some random stitching and swirls.  The saying from Tim Holtz Idealogy stickers really suits my cat - I have three at home and one is definitely queen of the evening.  I added some googly eyes to my cat and some Nuovo Drops to her crown.  







 

2 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

This is wonderful! Love your color combo.

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

wow! loving the colours and a cute cat! Thank you for joining us at INTAAS. Jennie DT xx