Tuesday 25 August 2020

AUTUMN COLOURS

I'm in a sort of Autumn frame of mind - it's one of my favourite seasons and summer has left us again in the UK - mind you it's pouring down today so not a great autumnal day but a good day for crafting. 

I started off my card by using some Really Rust ink from SU (an old ink) and some Old Olive and masked off a square and just did some gentle water colouring with an aqua painter.  I wanted just a nice soft background.  I then used the birch trees from Winter Woods and the little first from Waterfront and stamped them in Early Espresso.  The birds are from High Tide.  

I then cut out a panel with a stitched framelit from some Very Vanilla and added the watercolour behind it. I layered it onto a piece of Cajun Craze.  I added a couple of cut out leaves from Colourful Seasons and gold embossed the sentiment and used an old banner die to cut it out.  I added a heart embellishment.



I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Artsystamper - Fall Flowers
Global Design Project - Trees, Leaves
Color my Heart Color Dare - Tic Tac Toe - Espresso, Ruby, Ivy




6 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Your card is gorgeous!! Love the look you gave this card. Those leaves are the perfect addition. Thanks for joining us at ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS
Good luck and we hope you join us again soon
Hugs, Barbara - DT member

Michelle said...

Oh my what a beautiful card! I love how you used our colors and your design is wonderful. I love how the birds are both in and out of frame. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

aussie aNNie said...

Creative and absolutely lovely design and thanks for entering into our FALL FLOWERS 🍁🍂 challenge, hope to see you again and please don't forget to follow if you haven't already. ♥

ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS. Good luck in the draw. . Love to see you next challenge.

~aNNie DT member

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Fiona, what a beautiful card, love the scenery you created with the blending. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Darlene said...

This is fabulous Fiona ... love your design! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog! Good Luck in the draw and hope to see you again next challenge!

Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop by for a visit.

Vandra said...

Lovely autumnal card. I too love your blending and stamping. Thanks for joining us at Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.