Friday 14 August 2020

TUESDAY THROWDOWN AND A WINNING PRIZE

Gosh it's been so hot here in the UK with the temperature getting up to nearly 40 degrees - we are just not equipped for that sort of heat with no air con in our homes - the poor dogs didn't know what to do with themselves. It was even too hot to craft!  It was too hot to last though so now we have storms rain and humidity - still warm but not as bad so it's back into the craft room for me -inspired by the arrival of my free gift.  I was lucky enough to be a winner for Tuesday Throwdown and Sunny Studios was their sponsor. I was over the moon as I love their stamps and have a few but with the postage to the UK I can't always buy lots of them.  So while I was there and had a discount I added a few more to my basket - as you do.



One of the sets I chose was the lovely Mug Hugs and I've had great fun already playing with it.  I've been inspired by a couple of crafters for my card - Kristina Werner for the masked off background and Kelly Latevola for doodling on stamps.

I started off with the mugs themselves and used some Tri Blend Spectrum Noir 3in1 blendable markers to colour them ink.  I followed Kelly's idea and doodled on the plain stamps - such fun - I'd never thought of doing this without her inspiration and I can see I'll be doing this again on other plain stamps.  I then masked off the backgrounds and used some Tim Holtz Speckled Egg Distress Oxide for the background. I then used a stencil with little dots on it to compliment the circles on the coffee mug.

I had a SU dot embossing folder so continue the theme of the dots - the spoon and the milk jug were some die cuts I had in my stash and I added the last bit of SU lace edged ribbon I had.  Some Spectrum Noir sparkle pen on the cream and the marshmallows finishes off this card.

I was delighted to see that Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week is actually stencils so I think it's very fitting that I add this card using their prize.


I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

Ike's World Challenges - three of a kind
International Art and Soul - Tea Party
Retro Rubber - Anything Goes - these stamps date back to 2017



 

4 comments:

Chriss America Real said...

This color combination is fantastic! This card is so lovely & elegant! Sorry that you are so hot. We are used to the hot summers in Maryland, USA. We recently had a tornado come through and it knocked out our electric for two days, it was so hot and miserable. I hope you have a cool front come through soon.

Hugs,
DT- Chriss

Sall said...

Ahhh that is utterly perfect colours and so beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

LeAnne said...

Those little doodled coffee cups are very sweet and I love your little sentiment treatment! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute cards, I love colors and image. Thanks for playing with us at the Ike's World Challenges

Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}