Tuesday 4 August 2020

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS - #HSSCC345





Our colour challenge this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments has the following:




I'm not a current demo so I don't always have access to all the colours, especially in inks - and that's was my dilemma this week.  However, we always say the colours are a guide - luckily I did have some Coastal Cabana card stock and ribbon so I used that as my base.  

I used the lovely background stamp from SU Drybrush which is current.  This is not a stamp I would necessarily have bought - it was gifted to me by a Demo friend - but I love it - it's so great for all sorts of backgrounds even if you just use part of it.  I used my Tim Holtz stamping platform as it's such a large stamp and I used Crushed Curry as my ink.

The other stamp set I used is a retired one called Happy Wishes.  I love this set and it's so versatile - this time I've used the Best stamp and coloured it in with Mint Macaron and Melon Mambo as the closest colours to the inks specified.

I layered them with the Spellbinders Elegant Twist Rectangle dies - these are so pretty - and I've added a touch of that lovely retired SU ribbon in Coastal Cabana edged in gold.  A touch of Tri Spectrum sparkle pen on the word Best and the flowers just gives the card a bit more of a lift.






 

No comments: