Tuesday 28 July 2020

TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY - CHRISTMAS IN JULY #tsot468



I'm not sure where the whole concept of Christmas in July came from? Is it because stamp companies start issuing their Christmas/Holiday stamps early and we all join in? I don't mind as I love making Christmas things and making them early takes the pressure off come Christmas time when there is so much more to be doing.

Our sketch this week at Try Stampin On Tuesday has the option of Christmas and I'd love to see your Christmas entries.  I went with the Christmas theme, naturally lol! I love making tags especially Christmas ones so this sketch was just up my street.

I started off with a small tag and covered it in Tim Holtz Collage Medium then added some retired Stampin Up papers which were just torn and laid randomly.  I added some strips at the bottom and the greeting is from Tim Holtz Idealogy Christmas stickers book.  I added some thread and die cut a stag's head from my stash. I used some Distress Inks in Fired Brick for the sheet music and Gathered Twigs for the stag.  I added a touch of Tri Spectrum sparkle to his antlers.

I used a Sizzix Christmas embossing folder for my card stock in a lovely star burst design and added some sparkle to them.  The foliage is die cut out of some old SU paper and a touch of ink added to the edges.  





 

No comments: