Thursday 2 July 2020

SIMON SAYS STAMP - TAKE ME FOR A RIDE

The challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Take Me For a Ride - last week we went to Rome - this time we are going to Paris.  I'm lucky enough to have been there twice,but this time we are going courtesy of Tim Holtz.

I used a number of Distress Inks for my background until I was happy with the colour I liked, which included Milled Lavender, Peacock Feathers,  Mustard Seed, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain.  I used an old TH stencil with cogs for the background and then some old TH stamps I have which feature the Eiffel Tower, and the Carte Postale.  I added some embossing paste through a TH dots stencil for soem texture.  

The stamp of the family gathering is from the same set but is looking very old and the definition isn't as good as it was.  The sentiment is from the same old set I think and I went over it with a black pen as it is starting to fade also.  I added some bits of TH ephemera and some sayings from Idea-ology Clippings book.  A few brads were added - one with an aeroplane on and an antique brad.  I went over the edges with a distress crayon in Black Soot and added some distress crayon in Picket Fence as a highlight.



 

No comments: