Tuesday 21 July 2020

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS - #HSSSC344



A great sketch for you this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments  #SC344.  True to form I've gone for a retired stamp set from Stampin Up but it's actually a new set for me - I bought it just for this lovely rooster - called Home To Roost - I quite like the font of the sentiments too so I think this is going to get a few inkings.

I started off with a piece of DSP from my stash - I'm not sure if this is SU as it was gifted to me but I just loved that colour blue.  I used some Lime Otter water colour pens to colour in the rooster giving him a lovely blue tail with lots of Spectrum Noir sparkle and a touch in his comb.  I then cut him out with a stiched framelit and added some Tim Holtz Speckled Egg to the background.  I simply stamped the flowers from the set in some Ranger Archival Ink. 

For the banner I cut out a piece of the same paper and used one of Tim Holtz's impresslits - I love these - they cut and emboss at the same time and give you a 3d effect. This one is stars and I think you can just make them out.  I added this behind the rooster and added just some linen thread.  The sentiment was simply stamped at the top.








 

No comments: