Tuesday 7 July 2020

TRY IT ON TUESDAY - GUEST DESIGNER


I'm delighted to be a Guest Designer over at Try It On Tuesday this week.  Their challenge is to use Book Papers in your project.  I have a little book just for this purpose - Hubby was horrified when he saw I'd bought it just to rip it up.  One of our favourite places is Rome and we first went there nearly 20 years ago for a surprise birthday present for hubby's 40th.  Next year is his 60th Eek - where do the years go?  And Covid willing we would love to go back to celebrate again.  This is the little book I use when I'm using book pages -hence the Rome story for you.  



As I was using this book and Rome was definitely on my mind I chose to do a Travel Tag for my project.  I cut out a tag out of some card stock and first stuck some of the pages from the book - you can see them on the very top right and bottom left.




I've used lots of Tim Holtz Distress Inks here together with some of his stencils and quotes and ephemera.  I've also used some of Stampin Up's retired Postage Due set for the little stamps.  The mosaic style frame is one I've had for years in my stash - I knew it would come in handy one day! The picture of the woman is from Tim Holtz ephemera and I 've named her Ruth!   I added some buttons and some jute to keep the vintage style look. I edged around the tag with some TH Distress Crayons.  The ribbons are all from my stash.


 

8 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such an amazing tag! I love the way you used the Rome book pages as part of your design, it works so beautifully - stunning 😀. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining us as Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

A fabulous tag and a great way to use your Rome book pages, The details look beautiful, thank you for being our Guest Designer for this theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne x

Marjut said...

Beautiful tag!

Helen said...

Gorgeous tag Fiona!!! LOVE the book pages from Rome and the story! Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday!! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

I love this tag Fiona. Oh to be able to travel right now. Sigh. And it's exciting you are our guest hostess for this challenge. Thanks for joining us at Try It on Tuesday! Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A lovely travel tag with lots of details and I'm sure using that book would have brought back many happy memories.
Thank you for being our Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful tag, so many details to delight! What a great idea to use a book that reminds you of such happy times too! So pleased you agreed to be our Guest Designer this time! Chrisx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That's a fabulous tag Fiona, why Hubby should not worry as you have breathed new life into those pages adding extra romance. Beautiful creation.
Congratulations on being this fortnights Guest Designer over @ Try it on Tuesday.
Creative wishes Tracey x