Saturday 12 October 2019

SATURDAY CRAFTING

It's a wet old Saturday here in the UK and a chance to catch up on some crafting for some challenge blogs other than the ones I'm on the Design Teams for. 

My first card is for the Inkspirational Challenge 197 which has given us the following inspiration for our card.



I wanted to use some new Visible Image stamps I've got called Imagine Dream Inspire which are such great inspirational word stamps.  I started off my card by inking with some Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers.  I then used a stamp from SU's Jar of Love - the little fish, and inked him in Stormy Sky.  I then used a dot stamp from SU's Painter's Palette and inked it in an old SU ink called Spectrum stampin pad which has a combination of 5 inks colours.  I don't know why they haven't brought out more of these - they are great for combining colours.  I then stamped the Imagine word in Hero Arts Intense Black ink and layered it onto some shiny SU paper.




My second card is for another two challenges :


Less Is More - 



Allsorts - Spots 

I've again used the Visible Image stamp set but a different word stamp - I used the same dots and inks to create the background and simply stamped the word stamp over and then cut it out with a stitched framelit.  This is seriously CAS for me but I think it's quite striking!








 

7 comments:

Arlene said...

Wonderful cards. I like the play on colors.

brenda said...

Two super card with great stamping and inking, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Sports and/or Striped' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Wendy L said...

Great way of adding spots, thank you for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two great cards Fiona. Love those sentiments and the second one is a great way to incorporate a rainbow of colour into your CAS card and still keep things LIM.

Mummylade said...

Lovely stamping! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Pia S said...

I think you captured the colors of the photo really well and I do love the effect of the repetitive pattern of those fish. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Neets B said...

Loving how CAS your second card is. The rainbow coloured dots look really effective. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x