Saturday 19 October 2019

JOY OF SETS BLOG HOP - OCTOBER SAME STAMP SET THREE WAYS



Image may contain: text


We have another Blog Hop for you this month from the Joy of Sets Facebook Group which I run. My thanks to Andrea Parr for organising us again, especially as she is so busy at the moment with her Charity Event for Ben's Beanies. Today we are showcasing one stamp set three different ways.  I chose to use Stampin Up's Winter Woods - I love this set as it can be used for far more than Christmas . 
My first card could be for any occasion.  I made a mask and inked it with More Mustard,  Old Olive and a touch of Tangerine Tango.  I then stamped the Birch Trees from the set in Early Espresso.   A simple banner for the sentiment and a heart finishes off this simple card.




My second card uses Crumb Cake as a base and the birch trees from the same set stamped as a background.  I made my own DSP with the other stamps in the set and stamped the tree onto Crumb Cake with Early Espresso and cut it out.  I added some glitter to make it shine.  I then added some washi tape to the back and some Old Olive twine.  The sentiment was cut out with the label punch.





My third offering also uses the birch trees from this set which have been watercoloured.  I started off with some Water Colour paper and added a cloud stencil in Tim Holtz Stormy Sky.  I used Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and Barn door for the grass.  I added some extra colour with a sponge dauber on the actual trees, adding a  touch of Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany.  I layered it onto some Always Artichoke card stock and then some Crumb Cake.and added some brown twine from my stash. I cut the sentiment from the main sentiment to give another option for sentiments.  







To continue on the blog hop - click on the next below to be taken to Kaylin's Blog.




If you are working backwards click on the previous to be taken to Annette's Blog.




If you would like to be part of our next Blog Hop or to join our Facebook Group click on the image below - we have lots going on as well as a monthly blog hop.



I'm also adding some of these trees into the As You See It Challenge as their theme is Lovely as a Tree

 

8 comments:

Stampinwiththebees said...

Love your take on using the stamp set 3 ways! I need to pull this bundle out and play with it!!

Crafty Little Miss K said...

I love that stamp set. Don't they k I've ever used the birch trees on a Christmas card! Lovely cards Fiona. Karen x

Andrea said...

How gorgeous are your cards?! I love them. The sparkly tree in number two is outstandingly good. I'm glad that between us the hop happened it was tough going at such a busy time but we did it! The power of team work.

libbystamps said...

Sweet trio of cards!

Nana711 said...

Love that stamp set and the way you used color.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

3 fabulous cards Fiona that really demonstrate the versatility of your chosen stamp set and show lots of trees in all their glory! I do love the masked square on the first one - such a great way to create a highlight and add autumn colour to your bare tres. Thanks for playing along with our tree-themed challenge over at AYSI this week!

Jan Clothier said...

I love that you've showcased this set by creating three different looks with it. My favourite is the masked square one - but of course, I'm a sucker for masking and blending. :-) I like the way the trees are stamped partly to the side of the square. Thank you for joining in with us again at As You See It, Fiona.

Heather Cooper said...

I have to agree that my favourite of your three cards is the masked square tree, Fiona, because it's such a unique design, and so warm and autumnal, as well as being somewhat CAS. But your other two cards also really showcase the special features of this stamp set! Thanks for your contribution to our gallery at As You See It Challenges!