Tuesday 25 June 2019

STAMPIN UP ONLY CHALLENGE #SUOC226 - BIRTHDAYS

Such a broad spectrum for our challenge at SU only challenge this week - Birthdays - well for me it's even more relevant as my first grandchild Hazel made her appearance on Wednesday 19th June - 6 weeks earlier than we expected but she and mum are doing really well.  So exciting!

I've used a retired set here called Happy Hour together with some retired SU DSP called Have a Cuppa.  I added a strip of the same paper turned over on the left hand side and cut the bottom with a retired banner punch.  I added some of the gorgeous  Organza ribbon - now also sadly retired.







I'm also including this in the As You See It Challenge - a great challenge this week called My Favourite Colour to Wear is......

Mine is definitely red and you will see all different shades of red in my wardrobe - but especially the muted reds rather than the really bright ones.  I love the colours red and green and use a lot of red in my home decorating too.  I'f I'm needing a pick-me-up then I will definitely grab something red to wear.

I'm also including this in Just Add Ink challenge which has a sketch which I think this one follows.

I'm popping by Retro Rubber also with this retired set.  It's been a while since I've joined in with other challenges and it's nice to play along - it helps to keep you motivate I find.










 

4 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful monochrome card love the paper and gorgeous ribbon
carol x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Fiona: This set you used for your card is one of my old time favorites from Stampin' Up! all of the images yell PARTY!!!
Love the monochromatic look of your beautiful card, the DSP and the beautiful ribbon are awesome details.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely to see you back at both As You See It and Retro Rubber, Fiona! Like you, I'm a fan of the deep, muted reds - almost burgundy - which is why I like Fresh Fig, Merry Merlot and Blackberry Bliss such a lot, I think. I often wish I had got that drinks set. It makes for a cheery birthday card. Thanks for joining in with us a both challenges.

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is great! I don't remember this DSP at all but I LOVE the red! I love red! And the images! All of it! Thanks so much for sharing this with Retro Rubber this week!