Monday 16 October 2023

Christmas Kickstart Challenge




I'm joining in with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge which is celebrating the life of Janis Woolbright who used to run the Cat Lovers Challenge.  I joined in with one of her blog hops a few years ago when I found her and as an ardent cat lover I loved the idea of celebrating cats.

My card started off with a Tim Holtz Christmas Tree stencil inked in Bundled Sage Distress Oxide.  I then stamped one of the Trees from TH Watercolor Trees. The large branch is from Sunny Studios Holiday Style.  The cat is a TH snarky cat with that great sentiment - I wanted it to look as though he had broken the decorations from the tree - we've all had cats that have been interested in Christmas trees! I added some google eyes just to make him look more amusing.


My two rescue cats - Jet now aged about 10 we've had him since he was 2.


Amber now aged 14 - we got her when she was 9!



8 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh my, your cats are just precious! I am impressed that you adopted older cats as they are harder to place, thank you, such a blessing! Your card is gorgeous as well as intriguing as I have not tried this technique of layered stamping and stencilling yet. I keep looking at it to figure out how you made it, did you mask the kitty first? I love your card, and it's purr-fect for Christmas Kickstart's Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge! I hope you'll be back again this month with some more adorable kitty cards!

mandysea said...

Jet and Amber are gorgeous! Bless you for adopting an older cat! Love seeing photos (and some antics) of cats owned be crafters participating! Your card is fabulous... love the festive naughty kitty and its googly eyes! Thanks for joining in on Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge and remembering Janis xx

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun card you created!!
And beautiful cats!
Ellie (hopping along from the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.)
Ellibelle's Corner

Dotty Jo said...

Just look at your fur babies - they are beautiful and obviously so loved and cared for. Great card! How much fun is this and the perfect sentiment too. Great touch with the googly eyes. So happy to see you here at The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge where we're remembering our friend Janis, Jo x

Becca Yahrling said...

I always love how googly eyes give some character! This is so adorable and I knew right away kitty was being naughty!! lol

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable cats, well done giving them a home when they were adults!!! Hat off! Only a few people wanted aged cats... :(
Your card cracks me up! How fun! The sentiments are hilarious and the cat jumping on the tree looks very fun with those googly eyes!

Suzanne H said...

I'm still hopping along with the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. The eyes made me laugh out loud! Adorable! Thanks for joining in- Helpful Hopper Suzanne

Carole J said...

Such a fun Christmas kitty card, Fiona. I love these snarky cats and the googly eyes just make him funnier. Perfect background for this little rascal :)
Jet and Amber are gorgeous kitties. Thank you for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x