Friday 6 October 2023

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA




A rare sharing of my journal for our project this month at Creative Artiste Mixed Media.  It's not something I always show as I think journals are personal things but my page is just celebrating autumn which is my favourite time of the year.  My journal book is a gorgeous leather bound handmade paper book which hubby bought me years ago and sat unloved in a cupboard.  So I decided to use it as a journal.  The leather has got a bit gessoed but it gives it character oops! 

I always gesso the pages just to give them more strength and as it is hand made paper it helps to protect the paper from all the media stuff I'm going to throw at it.

I started off with my gell press and added some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink in Fossilised Amber and Frayed Burlap.  I spritzed it with water and then just added the press direct to the page.  Once dry I added some Cosmic Shimmer Antique Sand Paste by Sam Poole in Moss Blanket. I love this paste and this gorgeous vintage colour. I used a stencil from my stash and just added it to some opposite corners.  I used the Nibs and Mushrooms stamp set from Tracy Evans direct to paper and cut some extra ones out for the picture frame.  The frame and the butterfly elements were from Taperlogy.  The extra words are also from Tracy Evans at Aallandcreate. 

In the margins I have added some journaling as to what Autumn means to me.  I love the colours of this page and how it all turned out.




I'm adding this into the following challenges:







12 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

This is such a beautiful journal page! I love how you brought all the elements together to capture nature so beautifully and celebrate autumn - amazing ❤️. I know what you mean about journal pages being personal, so e of mine don't make it to my blog either. Thanks for sharing and wishing you a very Happy October 😊. Hugs, Jo x

Pauline C said...

Absolutely beautiful Fiona .. so many stunninG elements come together for a fab autumnal project.
Pauline xx

Anita said...

Love all the beautiful autumn colors in your journal page, Fiona! There are so many wonderful elements in there, and the more I look, the more I see. Just lovely.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful way of sharing what you love about the season, it's a very special time of year for me too. The texture paste looks fantastic, beautiful vintage feel to your journal page. I agree about the personal side of journals and just as Jo said many (many MANY!!) of mine are never seen or shared with others. I'm so glad you shared this with us this month Fiona.
Happy creative October Hugs Tracey xx

Judy McKay said...

What lovely details in your art journal page Fiona, beautiful page. I like your arrangement of papers, texture and colours. Hugs Judy

Andree said...

A gorgeous journal page Fiona and a wonderful celebration of Autumn. The pretty images, lovely soft colours and stamped details give a fabulous vintage feel to match your album.
I have one of these leather bound, handmade paper albums but I've yet to dare use it. Gessoing the pages first is a good tip for me to start with, thanks xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful journal page with so many lovely autumn details. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

dj said...

Beautiful!! I just love a collage card!! Your distress watercolor is such a creative take on our "Color Me Beautiful" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Way to go shopping your stash! Glad you joined the fun and played along with us!!
Deb Horst, DT #SOS506

My name is Erika. said...

This is a beautiful and amazing page Fiona. I love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at TIOT. I really enjoyed seeing it. hugs-Erika

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a gorgeous journal page filled with lots of things to go with our theme of "nature." Thank you for playing along with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

brenda said...

Your Autumnal journal page is lovely with so much texture and lots of A&C elements, lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Ina G said...

There is so many amazing itty bits and bobs here Fiona. All blending in beautifully. Love the colour scheme and so creative. Love it!