Thursday 1 December 2022

ONCE UPON A TIME - DECEMBER 2022



Welcome back to another challenge from Once Upon a Time.  Our cover for your inspiration is The Legend of the Poinsettia - another book I don't know and I was really interested to learn about this plant.

I used a lovely poinsettia from a stamp set by Creative Expressions called Winter Flowers and Foliage.  It's actually a set I'd forgotten I had so I was happy to find it just at the right time of year.  I used Versafine Clair ink in Shady Lane to stamp the flowers and then used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Festive Berries and Candied Apple to colour in the flowers.  I then stamped some of the green foliage in the background and gently covered it with a a layer of Old Paper Distress Oxide Ink with Walnut Stain on the edges. 

The bauble cut outs are from a set of dies from Tim Holtz called Circle Words, Christmas.  I stamped another poinsettia behind the words and cut them out and added a touch of glitter pen. 








No comments: