Thursday 22 December 2022

COLOR MY HEART COLOR DARE - #528




Well give yourselves a clap on the back if you are still crafting along with us at this very busy time of the year - we are glad to have you with us here at Color My Heart.  As a treat we are giving you carte blanch on choosing any colour you like for your project.

I really love how this card turned out - do you ever find you make something and really don't want to give it away?  That's how I felt with this card.  I have made a few of these wreath cards over the Christmas but this was the first one I made and it really got me hooked.  

I started off by pencilling around a roll of tape for my circle as I don't have a circle big enough for what I wanted.  I used Tracy Evan's stamp set Pinecone for my card.  I used the smaller stamps to create the wreath using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough and Rustic Wilderness.  I stamped the Pinecone branch at the top and cut out two extra pine cones to add on top to give a bit of dimension.  I used Tim Holtz foliage dies and a branch die from Stampin Up for the top of the pine cone.  The little bird is from Tracy Evans set Wire Birds and the stars in the background are the same set.

I cut out and added the words Pine Cone and added embellishments and a layer of Dazzling Diamonds glitter all around the outer edge of the cards.  I just used Versamark clear ink and added the glitter to it.  Much less messier than trying to use glue.





4 comments:

Michelle said...

Fiona I love your card! It makes me feel nostalgic and cozy.

Debi said...

This card is beautiful. Like Michelle said, "nostalgic & cozy".

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, great stamping of your wreath, beautiful. And the sparkle around the edge perfect.

Vandra said...

Such a glittery sparkly card. I love all the layering elements to make it look more lifelike wreath. Beautiful. (Sorry I'm late commenting).