Friday 16 December 2022

Christmas Tags


I love to make my own tags at Christmas - and most of them go on family gifts.  I must admit I tend to save them too after the recipient has opened their present - I would hate to see them get put out with the waste paper so I'm building up quite a collection of old tags to re-use - how's that for recyling.  I don't even think they've ever noticed either!

This one though is a new one this year.  I used one of Tim Holtz dies to cut out the tag out of some cardboard and added a layer of gesso on top and then some Antique Linen Distress Oxides.  I  used one of Tim Holtz stencils for the background and some embossing paste.  When the paste was dry I went over it with some Distress ink to add the various colours of green, brown and red.  The wreath is one of Tim Holtz Ideaology pieces and I added the baubles and some cut out holly pieces.  The deer is a little wooden one from my stash and I inked him up.  I added some glitter, some Tim Holtz velvet ribbon, a sentiment from Tim Holtz Tiny Text and some added glitter around the outer edges  of the tag - finishing off with some ribbons.





Im adding this into the following challenges:

Just Add Ink #634 - Anything but a card
Creative Moments - Christmas 
Mixed Media Place - Mood Board - I've used Distress Inks 
Papercraft Challengers - Deck the Halls 
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Trad Red and Green 
Creative inspirastions Festive Foliage 
Tag Tuesday - Winter Holiday
Christmas Kick Start - Christmassy


My second tag was made for the Snippets challenge - where you are to use snippets or paper or similar for your project.    I had some pieces of Christmas paper left over from another project and began by gluing them to a piece of cardstock.  I then too a Christmas Tree die and cut out the image - it's so effective.  I added a shiny white star to the top.  The tag is another made with a Tim Holtz Die - I used a branches stencil for the background using Iced Spruce Distress Oxide Ink and then added some background stars and snow from a Tim Holtz stamp set.  The extra pieces are from Ideaology - and the little presents are a very old Stampin Up stamp.






5 comments:

Sarn said...

A great way to use up some older Christmas paper snippets for your second tag. Both tags are lovely.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you've finished playing on the swings, come and find Di, Dudley and myself up in the Treehouse for a nice hot mug of hot chocolate. xxx

Di said...

Wow Fiona - what super tags and great use of snippets as well! It's been a while since you played with us so a huge welcome back. I always loved your work. AND you made the move back to Wales, how lovely - I hope you're settled in and very happy!

Hugs

Di xx

Michele said...

so beautiful! thank you for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Yulia Pospelova said...

Very beautiful Christmas tags!Thank you for participating in our MMP assignment

Anonymous said...

So very Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your Art with us at the Mixed Media Place!