Thursday 22 December 2022

Wot no Christmas card?

I'm taking a break from Christmas themes to join in with the As You See It Challenge which is offering up this lovely image to inspire us.  

I've spent the last 10 days recovering from my first bout of Covid - I'm really disappointed as I had so many lovely Christmas festivities to go to including singing a solo in our little local 12th Century church.  Luckily I  had already made my Christmas cards but there again a tale - here in the UK our postal workers have gone on strike on odd days.  Two weeks ago I sent all my cards out and I know a lot of them haven't been received - especially the special one to my son and his girlfriend.  It's not like we just bought them out of a packet is it when we hand make things. So a disappointing lead up to Christmas all round.

It was therefore a nice break to get back into my craft room finally today and make something not Christmas related.  I have this lovely little stamp from B P Bipasha for Aallandcreate which I hadn't inked up.  I actually ended up buying two mistakenly so one is going to be offered soon as a freebie.

I used an old Tim Holtz music stamp for the background and then added some distress inks in Brushed Corduroy and Fossilized Amber.  The little image was stamped in Versafine Clair and coloured in with Distress inks - Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber.  I used some deckle scissors to cut around the edges and aded some Black Soot - ther eis some sparkle twine behind and a touch of Spectrum Noir glitter just to give it a bit more life.

This is their image and here is my card:




I'm delighted to have been chosen as the winner for this challenge

Fiona's card definitely has a medieval vibe going here with her neutral tones and the antiquing that she has done. The music background picks up on the music theme from our inspiration photo and manages to look like a medieval music score as well. The main image of the vase with the flowers and the bird also picks up on a theme from the photo as well as colours in the photo, but keeping the colours muted adds to the overall antique look of the whole card. Just lovely!





5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This is a delightful card.Love the colours chosen. I am still managing to dodge Covid just get really nasty reactions to any vaccinations I have instead. The Flu one this year floored me completely. I received my card from my daughter today. It was posted 8th December. Turned up with a lot of other cards and post I was waiting on. Hugs Mrs A.

Deborah Wheeler said...

Beautiful card Fiona - love the way you've picked up the music theme in your background and the floral vase is just lovely. Thanks for joining us at As You See It challenge
Hope you're starting to recover from your bout of Covid.
Wishing you a happy Christmas

Jan Clothier said...

How horrid to get Covid so close to the holidays, Fiona. Glad you're on the mend. I love this card! I like the way you've created that distressed looking musical background. It makes a lovely base for your gorgeous florals. Thanks for joining in our bonus inspiration challenge. All the very best for the New Year.

Heather said...

Beautiful, Fiona! Love your choices here, and your color washes are gorgeous! Wishing you a speedy recovery, what a bummer for the holidays! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

I'm so sorry about your disappointments before Christmas, Fiona, but happy that you've recovered enough to get back to crafting again! This card is beautiful! I love the earthy tones you've used and the music stamp in the background, as well as all the special effects you've employed, to add the extra touches to your creation! Thanks for playing our bonus challenge at As You See It Challenges!