Tuesday 29 November 2022

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS - #IC403



We have another lovely Inspiration Board from Hand Stamped Sentiments for you  this week.  I took my inspiration from the top right hand corner and the tree and the baubles.  I liked the fact that it seemed to be a little bit out of focus so I used that to make a soft watercolour effect on my card.

I used stamps from Tim Holtz old set CMS322 called Christmas Classic. As well as tthe lovely Santa image in this set which is the one I always seem to use it has some lovely foliage stamps which can sometimes get overlooked so I decided they needed a chance to shine.

I used Versafine Ink in Morning Mist which is a soft grey to stamp the images then used some Tim Holtz Distress Oxides to colour in the holly and the berries.  I used a very soft wash of Tim Holtz Evergreen Bough around all the stamping and part way down the card.  

The bauble stamp is an old one from Gina K Designs called Season of Joy which  just suited this perfectly. I stamped it in Tim Holtz Archival in Mermaid Lagoon.  The other sentiment is also Tim Holtz Tiny Text.  I covered the card with a few splatters of white gesso and added some sparkle from Spectrum Noir glitter pen - as it's Christmas lol! 





I'm adding this into the following challenges - 

GDP#371 - Winter 



4 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Marvelous and festive scene! I love the bauble and those pine branches are perfect. Thanks for entering your lovely project in The Four Seasons Challenge. Happy Holidays!
Donna xx

Melanie Hungerford said...

That is so pretty, I love the soft look of the Distress Oxides you used to color with. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Four Seasons.

Darlene said...

Oh Fiona this is just GORGEOUS! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Darlene said...

Me again! I still this is just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS