Friday 2 December 2022

CREATIVE ARTISTE #189 - GUEST DESIGNER





I am delighted to be a Guest Designer at Creative Artiste this month joining their talented team of Designers.  The challenge theme is Anything Mixed Media Goes.


I'm loving my art journey into Mixed Media and always find this challenge blog inspiring with all the lovely entries and inspiration.  I'm finding it harder to make projects now that don't include some sort of mixed media.  I find it very relaxing.

I really wanted to make a piece of Christmas decor and use these delightful Tim Holtz hangers I bought last year.

I started off with a Christmas word embossing folder from my stash and added some Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium in Vintage and then added some Walnut Stain Distress Crayon.  It gives it a lovely waxy finish.

The Robin bird is from Tracy Evans set called Robin and Nuthatch and I added it to some circles to create a bauble.  It's a great robin stamp to colour with it's fluffy feel and I've already tried to colour it many different ways.  The Joy bauble is from Tim Holtz dies Circle Words Christmas.  I added some foliage also from Tim Holtz Holiday Greetings Mini and added Grit Paste Snowfall also from TH.  The Sentiment is from Tm Holtz Tiny Texts Christmas.  





4 comments:

Rhonda Rae Clary said...

I love everything about this. Such a beautifully finished project. Thank you for sharing!

Andree said...

A wonderfully festive project Fiona! You've created a great sense of depth with the fabulous embossed background and lovely textures. That fluffy robin is just so cute.
Thank you for joining us as our Guest Designer this month xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing Christmas wall hanging! I love your mixed media design with the embossing and Distress crayon, and the robin is perfect for Christmas too 😊. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Creative Artiste and for the beautiful inspiration! Happy December! Hugs Jo x

Ina G said...

Hi Fiona - so happy to see you as our Guest this month at Creative Artiste. I do love your work and was excited to see your wee Tracy Robin (so glad you found him btw). Love this creative mixed media piece. Fabulous background and highlighted circles. Tim's holiday greens are so good - lots of use out of them eh! Awesome!