Thursday 22 December 2022

IT'S ALL ABOUT SANTA



I love this image of Santa by Tim Holtz  I managed to get a hold of this set which included some stamps and some stencils by Stampers Anonymous.  I created my background and added Christmas sayings from the Tim Holtz Tiny Text set around the outside.  Santa was coloured in with Distress Inks and I used an old pair of deckle scissors to cut out the shape.  The added little bits are from the same set but I also think you can get them in Tim Holtz Christmas Ideaology sets.

When my children were little and we left out the sherry, mincemeat shortbread and carrots for Santa and his helpers I used to leave a little note for  my children from Santa - I even went to the bother of singing the edges to make it look as though the letter had been burnt coming down the chimney. My children are now 31 and 28 and I am now seeing Santa again through the eyes of my granddaughter who is 3 and this year she is really excited.  Christmas is a time for memories.

I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Try it on Tuesday - All about Santa 
Allsorts - Anything Goes with option of Trees - Santa is holding a tree






6 comments:

Martina said...

Perfect card! I like TIm Holtz's design. I also like to remember our children's Christmases. Thank you for joining us in the CCAYR challenge. We hope you will participate in our next challenge. Martina-DT

brenda said...

A lovely traditional Santa card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Challenge.

Happy Christmas and our thanks for your support of the challenge this year.

B x

Linby said...

A fabulous vintage look to this festive make. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

stampinwithanita said...

Beautiful work and your layout is wonderful! Tim Holtz would be proud! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges and have a wonderful holiday!

Jenny L said...

HI Fiona,
what a wonderful card and such a super image of that Santa.
Love the fab design.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous card! I love this traditional Santa! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx