Thursday 8 December 2022

COLOR MY HEART COLOR DARE #526


Welcome back to another challenge from Color Dare.  Shh,, don't tell hubby but this is actually his Christmas card.  I'm safe to show it as he never reads my blog and I'm not even sure he really understands blogland!  

I used Toffee Sage and Periwinkle style colours for my card and I'm really pleased how it turned out as they aren't my usual colours for christmas.

I used Tim Holtz CMS313 Carved Christmas for my main image of the stocking. I kept it simple with that soft blue colour.  The background behind has the same stamp which has been stamped in the toffee colour, spritzed with water then added to water colour card stock to give a soft impression of the same stocking.  I used the same blue to add colour to that layer.  The layer behind that was simply stamped with a stamp from Tim Holtz CMS 142 Mini Holidays - using the holly stamp just around the edges.

The foliage has all been made with Tim Holtz thinlets Holiday Greetings Mini.  I added a bow made from Sizzix and a piece of Ideaology to finish off the card.



I'm adding this into the following:

We Love Stamping - I love my husband, Christmas and Tim Holtz stamps  in that order lol!







7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this card! Your colors give it an "Old World" feel and it works so well!

Debi said...

I love your style. Very pretty card-colors I would not have thought to use for Christmas.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your non-traditional colors for a Christmas card and so pretty... love it.

Kathy said...

The colors are perfect, and you managed to create a gorgeous Christmas card for your special guy...love the image and the design! thanks for joining us over at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog! Merry Christmas and smiles from me, Kathy

brenda said...

Lovely soft colours for such a pretty card, thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Donna Walls said...

Perfect Christmas card for your hubby, the colors are wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a lovely creation Fiona. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx