Friday 30 September 2022

CRAFTING ON A WET DAY

It's one of those wet windy days here in Wales - we are getting the left overs from Hurricane Ian but obviously nowhere near as bad.  I don't do hurricanes really - having lived in Houston when Katrina hit New Orleans which then turned into Rita for us in Houston I had my fill of weather that could kill.  I always feel for those who have to suffer intense weather.

So for us its just a bit of wind and rain but definitely a day indoors crafting by the log fire!  I've joined in with two challenges today - my first is for TGIF challenges which I found an incredibly hard challenge.  No sentiment!  Who would have thought that was so difficult to do - I really had to stop myself from putting anything on this card. 

I was inspired by one of Tracy Evan's videos - I love crafting along with her even when I end up going my own way and my card is always a very loose interpretation of what she does but it gets me thinking.  Here I've used two of her stamp sets - the background panel in the blues was made with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides in Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers. It was masked off and smooshed on with an acrylic block.  I then stamped the gorgeous pine cone and extra leaves from one of Tracys sets. I repeated the pine cone leaves on the background kraft card stock and edged it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The Robin is from another one of her sets and I coloured him in with Distress Ink and cut him out.  I added some white splatters and some Spectrum Noir Sparkle and then had to leave it alone lol!




My other card was for the challenge over at Create a Smile where we were given a sketch.  I used a few stamp sets for this one - a mushroom one for the background panel from Tracy Evans, the hare and the large toadstool from Lavinia and the sentiments from Tracy Evans.  The background was embossed with a folder from my stash and edged with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.









1 comment:

Lady Laura Crafts said...

Wwooowww It's a beautiful card!!😍😍 I love the color combination! Thank you for participating in the @createasmilestamps challenges 👏👏