Thursday 15 September 2022

COLOR MY HEART DARE #514





What gorgeous rich colours in our inspiration photo this week at Color My Heart.  I hope they inspire you.  

I started my card off with some Tim Holtz Unchartered Mariner Distress Oxide Ink - adding some ink to my Tim Holtz mat and then adding water and swooshing the card stock to get pools of blue ink.  The leaf is a stencil from Lavinia Stamps and I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Crushed  Olive, Spiced Marmalade, Gathered Twigs.  

The sentiment is from Tracy Evans.  The leaf dies are some from my stash - they could be old Stampin Up.  I added some thread just to finish off the card and some background stamping from an old script stamp.

I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

Just us Girls - colour challenge 
Alphabet Challenge - L is for Leaves 
Creative Artiste - Mixed Media AG 
Simply Create Too - Colour Challenge 
Create a Smile - Autumn mood board 




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job replicating the rich colors of the photo. Love all the layers.

Michelle said...

Fiona this is gorgeous. I love the look you've created with colors from the photo.

MortiCraft said...

Great card Fiona and lovely that you kept the theme autumnal too! X

Aimee said...

What a beautiful card. I Leo Tracy Evans designs! Great work. xoxo

Vandra said...

Love what you've created with the leaf stencil. It certainly has the autumn feeling to it. Great work!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Very nice stenciling on your beautiful background and love the add of the leaf die... striking card.

Bobby said...

What a fabulous mixed media card, Fiona. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

Lady Laura Crafts said...

Ooohhh, so pretty! 😊 Thank you for sharing and participating in the @createasmilestamps challenges 👏👏

Susan Renshaw said...

This is absolutely fabulous!
Fabulous make for Color Dare!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Shannon Lee Smith said...

I love the look of mixed media, but have never tried it my self. Great card!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful project! Loving your autumnal design with the large stencilled leaf - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs Jo x

Marjeta said...

Awesome project.Thanks for playing with us at Creative Moments.