Thursday 1 September 2022

HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS - NEW DT MEMBER



I'm delighted to be part of the Happy Little Stampers Design Team for their Watercolour slot.  So exciting.  I love using watercolours for the soft image they give.  Our challenge is an Anything Goes challenge and always starts our monthly challenges.



My first card uses the lovely Anita Jeram set Stargazers - and I had my bears sitting in the field watching birds fly by.  I used watercolour paper to get the best effect.  My bears were stamped with Versafine Clair in Acorn - a lovely brown which gave the bears a softer outline that using black.  

I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in three tones of browns for the bears, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, and a touch of Ground Espresso.  The sky was coloured in Chipped Sapphire and Salty Ocean Distress Oxides so that I could layer the colours better.  The birds are from an old Stampin Up set called High Tide.






2 comments:

The Dream Pages said...

Love the water colourwash background..
Swapna

Helen said...

How beautiful Fiona. I love these cute bears and the washy background. It could be a book illustration. 😊