Tuesday 12 July 2022

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS - #CC393




Welcome to another colour challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  As usual our colours are guide lines in case you don't have the Stampin Up colours - just use the closes colours you have.

I've just purchased this lovely new set from Tracy Evans stamps and wanted to do a simple watercolour card with this lovely image.  I used Versafine Black for the outline and had to use my Tim Holtz stamping platform as it is quite a large stamp.

I used Highland Heather for my purples and varied the colour by adding less or more water.  I actually only had Coastal Cabana in an SU Soft Pastel but I think it worked really well.  The vase was inked in Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink and I added some of his Distress Crayon in the same colour to add definition.  I added a few sparkles and the sentiment from the same set. 

I've kept it simple as the image is so lovely.




I'm adding this into the following challenge:

Tic Tac Toe - using the middle horizontal line - birthday, flowers, sequins 
Addicted to Stamps - Birthday 

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Fiona, love this image! Line art is my fave, botanicals comes right after, lol. Love the coloring for it - brilliant take on our colors!

Stampin Expressions said...

Gorgeous card Fiona! Your coloring is amazing! You nailed the challenge this week!

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous colouring xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous watercolour design, Fiona, and you have coloured the pretty image so beautifully.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card,
Thanks for entering our Summer Blooms challenge at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x