Monday 25 July 2022

FIND INSPIRATION




This was certainly a challenge.  I came across this image at Inspiration Station and wanted to play along but was stumped for what to do.  Rummaging in my bits box I found a piece of water colour cardstock I had discarded as it had a streak of red down the side - but eureka -  the idea for my card was born.

I used the Basket Weave embossing folder from Stampin Up to represent the picnic basket and added an extra stripe of yellow Distress Ink in Fossilised Amber and another in Cracked Pistachio to match the picnic blanket. I added the ink direct to the paper and it coloured in the lovely little squares of the embossing.

I pulled out some Tim Holtz wildflower thinlets which I haven't used in such a long time.  In my same box of bits I found some green background I had made with a gel press and used it for my flowers.  The sentiment is from Tracy Evans' set The Great Outdoors.  I added a touch of twine around it and some washi tape in the same colour palette to the bottom. 


 
I'm also adding this into the following challenge:
Allsorts - Summer 
Color My Heart - choose 3 colours


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely! All the texture is amazing. I love how you used the colors, too. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Dena J said...

Fabulous! The basket texture, colors,and wildflowers all just work beautifully together. Thank you for sharing your project at Allsorts "Summer' challenge.

MortiCraft said...

Beautiful card and so satisfying when you can use up some previously inked stash! Great use of the weave embossing folder. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Fiona, what a find in your stash, and yes it was perfect for this challenge and the inspiration challenge as well. Love the texture... beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.