Tuesday 26 July 2022

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS - #IC394



Welcome to another challenge here at Hand Stamped Sentiments and our mood board for the next two weeks.  I must admit this was a challenge for me as I don't have any caravan type stamps or even any dog stamps!!  So I took my inspiration from the bottom left photo.

I wanted to have another play with those lovely Anita Jeram stamps and that dark sky was just perfect for the Stargazing set. I stamped the images first.  The trees are from an old Tim Holtz Christmas set Holiday Joy stamped in Versafine Clair Shady Lane.  

I then carefully inked my sky with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot and Fossilised Amber taking care to leave an area of white around the bears.  The bears were water coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in a various palette of browns.  

I spritzed the distress oxide inks with water and where there were some white spots I added some Spectrum Noir sparkles.  I cut out the sentiment from the same set with some deckle scissors and popped it on dimensionals.





I'm adding this into the following challenge:
Happy Little Stampers - Watercolouring 
Simon Says Stamp - Wed - AG 


3 comments:

Heather said...

Gosh, I love this, Fiona! These bears remind me of so many books I read as a kid, such sweet artwork! And a great sky, too!

Ashwini Rao said...

You've absolutely rocked it, Fiona! I love how you've created that dark, starry sky, and used the cute bears. Absolutely delightful work of watercoloring and such a sweet card for the result. Thank you for joining the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

Helen said...

I love your bears! Such a sweet forest scene card! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS - Watercolour. Have a good day! :)