Wednesday 12 May 2021

NURSERY RHYMES


What a great idea for a challenge over at International Art and Soul - Nursery Rhymes.  I really had to put my thinking cap to come up with something.  It was recently my birthday and hubby got me lots of lovely new stamp sets - how did he know? lol!  One was from Aall & Create who I've not used before.  I chose the set called Birdsong for the lovely birds on it.  This led me to an old Welsh nursery rhyme I used to sing with my daughter when she was younger.  It's called Me Welais Jac Y Do - all about a Jackdaw.  Here's a video to cheer your day lol! 



He looks like a very proud Jackdaw.  I stamped him in Versa Fine Clair ink in Acorn and then used Liquitex inks for the background in Deep Violet and Turqoise Deep.  I added a touch of black to the bird and some gold for his hat.  The sentiment Bird Song was stamped from one of the other stamps in this set and cut with a deckle scissors and added with dimensionals.

I used a Tim Holtz music stencil for the background.



International Art & Soul - Nursery Rhymes 
Simon Says Stamp Monday - Things with Wings






3 comments:

Hazel said...

I'm so glad you joined us with your nursery rhyme - I've never heard this one but that's probably because I'm not Welsh! lol Your card is very intricate but the jackdaw stands proud, it's great. Thank you for joining us at INTAAS. Hazel x

Judy McKay said...

Love your collage. Very nicely designed. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this month. Hope to see you back her again soon. Keeps crafting and stay safe. Judy DT

Sandy said...

Wonderful creation, love the jackdaw. Thanks for sharing with us at Get Creative Challenges.
Hugs, Sandy DT