Tuesday 3 November 2020

TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY - #TSOT482


I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with our sketch this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday - I'm definitely in Christmas mode - let's be honest I will make a Christmas card as soon as September has passed lol!  They are my favourite cards to make.  I haven't started off the Christmas music yet though - however with the UK back in lockdown I just might start playing some to keep me out of the doldrums!  I hope you are all staying safe wherever in the world you are and how strange it is to see different countries doing different things - very confusing!

Anyway - on to my card for this week's sketch.  I wanted to do a card which would also fit in with Tim Holtz's Saturday live this week to use leaves.

I started off with using one of his new Christmas mini stencils which as the lovely pine leaves, fir cones and berries and I used Rusty Hinge distress ink on some SU cardstock in Crumb Cake for my base.  I used Festive Berries distress ink for the berries.  I had an old piece of a project in my stash which had the wood grain embossed on it and I used this for the background for the wreath.  The wreath is one of Tim Holtz' and I used Distress Inks in Peeled Paint and Pine Needles to colur it in.  Festive Berries was used for the bow.

The leaves in the background are also Tim Holtz die cuts and I used a mix of distress inks in the greens added with Walnut Stain and Scattered Straw to colour them in. 

I added some shiny red rhinestones and the sentiment is from the new TH stamp set Tiny Text Christmas which has been embossed in Crackling Campfire embossing glaze.  I also hung the wreath from the top of the card with some SU linen thread.




 

No comments: