Saturday 7 November 2020

JOY OF SETS TIC TAC TOE NOVEMBER - #JOSTTT023


Can you believe we are in November already? We are coming up to my favourite time of the year with Christmas on the horizon.  Who knows what sort of a Christmas it will be but I will still be doing all my favourites with our own family rituals of baking and crafts which my mum taught to me.

As you can see from my entry for this month's Joy of Sets Tic Tac Toe grid put together for us by Cheryl Even I have Christmas on my mind.  I'm in a real mixed media frame of mind at the moment and love getting inky.  I chose Numbers, Emboss, Embroidery Floss for my card.  

I started off with this gorgeous coloured paper from Stampin Up as my card stock and used a Tim Holtz numbers stencil for the background numbers.  I made a tag with some old sheet music I have in my music stand (I play piano and sing and never thought to use that old music which is torn and unloved) and some of Tim Holtz Christmas Collage Paper and inked over it in Wilted Violet Distress Ink.

I embossed the stamp 25 days of Christmas with clear embossing powder and added a touch of ink.  I used some old paper in a similar colour to the Wilted Violet and tore the edges.  This paper used to be used all the time years ago and I found it in my stash and thought it could be used again - I can't even remember the name of it so if anyone knows I'd be grateful.

I added one of Tim's metal tags and used a white Distress Crayon to hightlight the wording.  A brass brad and some of the floss finished off the top.  I splattered some white gesso for some snow.








 

No comments: