Saturday 14 November 2020

JOY OF SETS BLOG HOP - THANKFUL



Another Blog Hop from Joy of Sets Group organised by the wonderful Angie McKenzie who keeps us all in check.  Her choice this month is Thankful For You - I'm sure we all have so many people we are thankful for.  I am thankful for Angie as she has been a great support to me and my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets since we began three years ago.    She is a very busy lady but always finds time for others and although we live thousands of miles apart and may never meet in person - I'm glad we've got to know each other. 

I started off my card with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and blended some Tim Holtz Distress inks to get the colour I wanted - I used Barn Door, Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge, Walnut Stain and Forest Moss. I added a Tim Holtz wood stencil over the top and then embossed it with the SU Winter Knit embossing folder.  I then used some SU thinlets to cut out my leaves.  I used an old piece of SU DSP with the wood effect for the background.  

The middle piece is made with a Tim Holtz 3d Impresslit Provincial - I love the Impresslits - as they emboss and cut and leave you with a great 3d image.  I distressed mine with some TH Metallic Distress Crayons and a touch of Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I added some Metallic Distress to the leaves and layered them on the card.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up Country Home - stamped in Early Espresso.

3 comments:

Susan Webster said...

Beautiful project today. Love all the layers and those fall tones. Thanks for sharing.

Mo Rootes said...

Loving all the layering on your card Fiona x

JoAnn P said...

Those leaves are so pretty.