Tuesday 24 November 2020

STAMPIN UP ONLY CHALLENGE - #SUO263 - CHRISTMAS




A nice simple challenge for you all from Stampin Up Only this week - Christmas.  This is my personal favourite time of year for my crafting - I love making Christmas things - I'd really like to try and get into doing more home decor projects - it's not something done quite as much in the UK as in the US but I love all the things I see done.

My card returns to one of my favourite Stampin Up Christmas sets of all time - Winter Post.  I just adore this image of the skaters and have used it so many times over the years - it is definitely one of those sets I will never get rid of - even though it's an old-fashioned wooden set now.  I don't even want to take it off the wood in case I damage the stamps!

I started off by using a piece of Whisper White card stock and blended a mix of Blackberry Bliss, Night of Navy and Basic Black for the top - going down to some Basic Grey and a touch of Taken with Teal for the bottom.  I then spritzed the inks with some water and blotted it with a paper towel to add some white spots.  I used some Crushed Curry for the touch of gold by the little star and used the same colour to stamp the Santa Post stamp.  I added a touch of white pen for the snow and left the skating couple blank of colour.  

Dazzling Diamonds was added all around the card and it was then added to some Night of Navy Cardstock


I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

Christmas Card Throwdown - Winter Wonderland
CrazyHazelnutsChristmas - Anything Goes Christmas
Craft Rocket - Anything Goes Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday - Christmas/Winter
ABCChristmasChallenge - W for Winter Wonderland
Double D Challenge - Winter blues

             

7 comments:

Netta said...

your card is absolutely beautiful! perfect for our Winter challenge at 52CCT. thank you sharing with us and playing along with us!

Darlene said...

WOW! FABULOUS background for this oldie but goodie skating couple (yep I have that in my stash too). Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Winter Blues’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Fabiola said...

quelle splendide création Fiona, je suis fan, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design and scene. hanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us often.

Kathy
DD DT

Zw@@n said...

Wow, amazing card, Fiona! I love your background, it's gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous winter scene, Fiona! Such a special card.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Fiona this is one of my most loved and treasured stamp sets too! You've updated the look with your blended background and brought this into modern times. Love, love, love your card! Thanks for the memories.