Saturday 5 September 2020

SWEET STAMPIN - ANYTHING BUT A BIRTHDAY


Our challenge at Sweet Stampin this week is anything but a birthday - wow a great range of ideas you could use here.  In my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets we run a RAK group - A Random Act of Kindness where we send cards out to members all over the world. We are therefore often needing cards that aren't birthdays.

I went for the lovely Sunny Studio Mug Hugs set again - I can't seem to stop using this set.  

I started off using a gorgeous large stencil I have of old french lettering - it's a 12 x 12 stencil so for a card you don't get much of the writing but it's still usable. I then used a Tim Holtz script stamp to in fill with more writing.  I used a TH stencil for the coffee stains and all inks used are Tim Holtz Distress inks.

I used the coffee mug but added the whipped cream to it rather than the coffee lid and added some sparkle to the cream. I had the idea of using a milk jug for the sentiment and luckily found a die in my stash - I didn't even know I had one!  I used some fine linen thread to hang it from the top of the card. I cut out the little cookies and added some sparkle to them too.





 

2 comments:

A.Rose said...

You had me at coffee! Wonderful card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great coffee card, Fiona, and I love the sentiment!! Beautiful background too!!