Saturday 12 September 2020

JOY OF SETS BLOG HOP - WEDDINGS

Welcome to another Joy of Sets Blog Hop - our theme this month is Weddings. This is perfect for me as I was married in September and this year we will be celebrating 35 years of wedded bliss.  We will be celebrating with all the family at a lovely weekend break and, after all the hard months of Covid, it will be so nice to be doing a fun family event together.


I chose to do a scrapbook page for my entry this month and choose a layout of our first Wedding Anniversary when hubby took me on a surprise weekend away to Paris.  I know - isn't he a keeper lol! 

On our bedroom wall I have a framed picture of some photos taken in 1986 and thought this might make a good focus for my layout.  I decided to go full on with a Mixed Media page.

I started off with a very old piece of SU 12 x 12 which has quotes from Shakespeare - I covered it with Gesso but kept a few of them peeping out that I thought went with my page.  I then used a French script stencil for the top piece using Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink to give that lovely French style writing.

I cut out some of the flowers from Kaisercraft Gypsy Rose papers and framed my image with them.  



The Eiffel Tower stamp is an old one from Tim Holtz and I distressed it with some Tattered Rose ink.  I added a doily behind, some ephemera, flowers and splatters.  I also used TH Crackle Embossing Paste and a heart stencil for the hearts at the bottom.  



 I had great fun making this page and it was a real trip down Memory Lane.  

To be taken to Tricia's Blog please click on the Next below



Here is the full list of our hoppers:

Annette Ball

Jill Chapman

Lisa Mackey

Angie McKenzie

Pia Gerhardt

Fiona Whitehead

Tricia Butts

Gez Carpenter

Sue Allen

Cheryl Taylor

Susan Webster

Libby Fens

Mo Rootes

JoAnn Pollock

Linda Moore




If you would like to join us on our next Blog Hop you must be a member of the Joy of Sets Facebook Group - you can find the group by clicking on the link below.


 

4 comments:

Pia Gerhardt - Scraproomboom said...

Oh my gosh - this is adorable

Mo Rootes said...

Lovely memories and gorgeous pages with such a lot of texture and layers x

Susan Webster said...

Lovely memory page. Paris is on my bucket list!

Nigezza Creates said...

Oh wow Fiona this is absolutely gorgeous, I can imagine the memories making this brought back. Happy anniversary :-)