Tuesday 1 September 2020

STAMPIN UP ONLY CHALLENGE - #SUO257



Our challenge for you this week at Stampin Up Only is to use dies or punches on your project.  I went straight for the now sadly retired Colourful Seasons and it's matching thinlets for my card.  I started off by mixing some ink colours on to a mat, spritzing with water till it looked very wet and then stamping onto some white card stock.  This gives the watery look to those background stamps.  The colours I used were Crushed Curry, Really Rust and Creamy Caramel.  I soaked up what was left of the ink with some paper and stamped the smaller leaves and die cut the thinlet - then added some Old Olive to some of the edges.  

For the square in the middle I used some Cajun Craze card stock cut with a stitched framelit then used a retired SU embossing folder for the dots.  I used some more of the inked paper for the inner square and layered the thinlet of the leaf onto the cut out leaf in Cajun Craze.

I went round the edges of the card with some embossing ink and used SU copper embossing powder for the edges and the sentiment.  I also used a retired banner framelit - cutting it twice in both colours so I could use the edge in Cajun Craze. 



 

1 comment:

CraftyHunnypots said...

Beautiful autumnal card love the colours and the technique you've used sounds like great fun think.im going to have to give this a go thanks for sharing this love it x