Tuesday 8 September 2020

NEW INK ON THE BLOCK!

If you are a lover of Tim Holtz you will know he has a new ink out. Mine arrived the day I was away for the weekend - but it was so nice to have something to look forward to come back to.  Crackling Campfire is its name.  Such a lovely colour for this time of year.

I started my tag with some Distress Collage Medium in Vintage and then covered it in some Botanical Collage paper.  My main focus is the flowers in the jug and the hummingbird from a favourite stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called Take Heart.  I cut out the image and coloured the flowers with Crackling Campfire.  What a fab colour - using an aqua painter allowed me to have a light colouring or an intense colouring.  I then used some of the new embossing glaze which made the lovely flowers shine but, in hindsight, took away the subtle colours I'd done with the ink.  They are just still there.  Can you spot my bird?  He is an elusive creature - here in the UK we don't have hummingbirds.  On a holiday to Colorado when we used to live in Texas we saw lots of these gorgeous little birds.  Definitely a memory to hold and, in true Idealogy form, I found just the right sentiments for my tags from the Clippings Sticker book.

I added some ephemera from TH - the little paper flowers were from my stash and I coloured them with the ink.  I added some leaves from TH Wildflower dies.  The top ribbon came from a recent clothes purchase - and I coloured the white part in the ink which has turned out really well.  



I'm adding this into the following challenges:

International Art and Soul - include an animal - I hope the bird fits the bill 
Just Add Ink - Flowers in a vase



10 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Love this mixed media tag Fiona! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

brenda said...

No I didn't know and sitting on my fingers here because that sounds like my kinda colour and you pretty floral creation showcases it beautifully. So pleased you joined in with our first theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque, many thanks.

B x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous tag and so many lovely images added. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's a beautiful colour isn't it and you've showcased it so lovely. I love how the bird is almost camouflaged amongst them, enjoying the sweet nectar. A very pretty mix of media, thank you so much for sharing your tag with us over @ Creative Artiste and joining in with the challenge. Creative wishes Tracey (DT)

KimB said...

Fabulous mix of vintage patterns and tone with that amazing pop of red. Love that there are so many details to see Fiona! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Chantell Randall said...

Great collage stamping effect with interesting elements and lovely strong colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

Andree said...

A fabulous vintage looking tag. Super layering and details.
Thank you for joining in with our September challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Linby said...

Waiting on my new ink to be delivered :) this is a beautiful tag, love the colours. thanks for sharing with us at the We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Lovely warm tones in Tims new ink colour and love what you've done with the tad. Thank you for joining us at INTAAS. Jennie DT xx

J said...

I love the vibrant pop of colour on your card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers challenge this time.

Jackie