Tuesday 29 September 2020

SIMON SAYS STAMP - MONDAY CHALLENGE - PHOTO

The challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to use a photo on your project.




I had this great photo in my stash of Tim Holtz ephemera and wanted to use them to add to a Christmas tag.  I started off by colouring the pair with some distress ink.  

I layered the tag with some Dina Wakley Gesso and then I added a layer of Tim Holtz Distress Texture paste - I dried it with a heat tool as I'm impatient. Once dry I went over it with some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide and Tumbled Glass distress ink.  

 I cut out some snowflake dies and then used the cut out piece as a stencil using Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide Ink.  I added some stamped snowflakes also.  The large snowflake is a Tim Holtz one and I added some gesso to it - it had originally been cut out of silver mirror paper and was just too shiny for this project.  I used an old SU swirly die cut I had in my stash, covered it in gesso and then added some SU Dazzling Diamonds.  

The two snowflakes on the side were cut out of paper and glittered and the snowflake on the left is a chip board - this was covered with a layer of Gesso and Dazzling Diamonds.  I did the same for the Joy word.  I added some liquid pearls to the frame.  The quotes are from Tim Holtz Idealogy Christmas pack.  The ribbons are from my stash.




No comments: