Tuesday 19 May 2020

TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY #TSOT458

How is everybody doing?  As a crafter do you find during lock down you have been crafting more or just suffering from a lack of mojo. I asked this question recently in my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets and the answer was near enough 50/50.  A lot did say they are lacking mojo and challenge blogs are so great for this.  As a member of Design Teams it really helps me to keep motivated and I love to use old unloved stamps and bring them up to date.



A great sketch to work with today from Try Stampin On Tuesday.  How will you use our sketch?  I wanted to use the lovely little bicycle from Stampin Up's Winds of Change.  This set is retiring, which is why I bought it, but I think the sentiments are so great for our times at the moment.   

 I used some Lime Otter watercolour brushes to colour in the flowers and SU blender pens in Light Balmy Blue and Light Gray Granite for the bike itself. I looked through my stash of DSP pieces and found this lovely bright background - I trimmed off two pieces and turned them into banners and used the reverse side of the paper. I then found some Tim Holtz die cut leaves I had cut for another project and tucked them behind the stitched tag cut out.  The flower is from SU Floral Essences which I had lying around on my desk and I thought it went well with the colours.  I added it with a dimensional.  It's not the card I had in my head when I started out but it sort of evolved.  The sentiment is stamped in Melon Mambo and is from the same set.  I added a touch of So Saffron twine at the bottom. 






 

No comments: