Tuesday 12 May 2020

STAMPIN UP ONLY CHALLENGE - FOR A WOMAN #SUOC249





Our challenge this week at SU Only Challenge is all about Women! Sadly the wonderful set Beautiful You is retiring so I thought it needed an outing before it goes - though of course over at my Joy of Sets Facebook Group we still champion retired SU sets as well as current so nothing is ever completely forgotten!

I started off with the SU mask and sponged the clouds and added some sky colours.  I stamped the girl with the umbrella then masked her off whilst adding some background colour and the effect of the rain.  For this I used a retired set called Build a Bouquet shown below and I used the lines stamp.



I used Flirty Flamingo card stock and marker pen to colour her in and added some blue dots to the umbrella and the sentiment with Dapper Denim.  There is a touch of Wink of Stella to give it a bit of a sparkle.  A card for our times at the moment sadly and this went off to my sister-in-law who is having a hard time with the lock down here in the UK.  





I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

Try It On Tuesday - Lovely Ladies
Allsorts - Anything Goes


Delighted that this card was chosen as a Top Pick for Try It On Tuesday



 

6 comments:

Wendy L said...

So beautiful, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

brenda said...

You have created a really pretty feminine card, thanks so much for sharing and joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card! I can feel the rain washing down on your lovely lady!!! Perfect!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Try it On Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

Your card is beautiful and feminine, love it. Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, have a great weekend and stay safe and well, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful card

pearshapedcrafting said...

Absolutely a card for our times - the lockdown is affecting people in different ways! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
I hope the rainclouds disappear soon! Chrisxx