Tuesday 4 February 2020

FIELDS OF FLOWERS

My card today was inspired by The Global Design Project sketch - #GDP226




I wanted to do a field full of spring flowers -there are a few snow drops peeking through in my garden so maybe Spring isn't too far behind.  I don't seem to have a SU set that has a whole lot of flowers so I used four retired sets for this!  The sets I used were Cottage Greetings, Nature's Perfection and Background Bits.  The sentiment is from Cottage Greetings.

I stamped all the flowers onto some Whisper White and used some SU Blender Pens in Daffodil and also some Tri Blends from Spectrium to colour in the flowers.  I then cut them into four panels.

I used my small butterfly punch to cut out the butterflies from some retired DSP.  A touch of Spectrum Sparkles Crystal clear over the flowers and the butterflies give a lovely shine.  The thread is Baker's Twine in basic black.  I layered it all onto some Perfectly Plum cardstock.





I am delighted to have received a Special Mention from GDP for this card - my first one ever from them!  #gdpspecialmention




 

1 comment:

EmmaT said...

Beautiful card and field of flowers. Emma