Saturday 12 May 2018

CAS WINNER

I was thrilled to be chosen as one of the winners over at CAS Colours and Sketches for my Butterfly Inlaid card - I do find CAS quite tricky as I love to pile stuff on my cards a la Tim Holtz but its nice to be challenged so its a great boost to have one of my cards chosen as a winner.




I'm entering again this week and my card is super simple.   I used one of the Stitched Framelits to make a mask for my squares - and inked them up in So Safron and a touch of Crushed Curry by Stampin Up.  I've used the butterfly from Kinda Eclectic - yes my favourite Go-To stamp set at the moment and kept it in the same ink colour of Crushed Curry. The sentiment is from Lotus Blossom and a touch of Dazzling Diamonds on the full butterfly in the middle finishes off this simple but effective card.  I've layered it onto some Crushed Curry cardstock.




I'm also adding this one in to Addicted to Stamps #291 whose theme is Anything Goes 
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment - I love to hear from you.

    

8 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Congratulations, Fiona! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love your design and the amazing colors, too!

Sharon Fritchman said...

P.S. I love your blog and am following now!!!!!

Fiona said...

Thank you Sharon that’s very kind of you if you love Stampin Up come and join my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets x

karen h said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft yellows and the glitter on the butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Fiona. Who doesn't love butterflies and how you displayed them here is stunning especially the colour choice. Love the Dazzling Diamond touch to the centred one. A perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week.

Julie B said...

Congratulations on your win, love the sparkly middle butterfly.
Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. :)

Patricia Hays said...

The blended squares give your card a watercolored look that sets off the butterflies beautifully. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! :)

samantha's cards said...

Gorgeous card, using just 2 colors yet it is so stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.