Friday 18 May 2018

INSPIRED BY - FLORAL CLUSTERS AND WOOD

The imagery over at Inspired By never ceases to inspire me - I'm sure that is Laurel's intention and it certainly works.  Her gorgeous image for this week's challenge of Floral Clusters is as below:





The challenge at TGIF this week is Wood.



I decided to do a U fold card and have my flowers on the outside panels of the card.  I started off with SU Very Vanilla and some of their Wood Textures DSP for the panels and some of the Delightful Daisy DSP for the background. 





I'm nearly down to just scraps of all my SU DSP now!!  I used a scrap of some of the Falling in Love DSP for the flowers which were cut out with the Colourful Seasons thinlets.  I sponged round the edges with some retired SU Regal Rose ink and added some non SU pink pearls.  The stem and the leaves were also cut out with the thinlets.  The inside panels was sponged on the edges with Tim Holtz Bundled Sage and the sentiment inked in Tim  Holtz Tattered Rose and another flower added to the bottom.

I love how this card turned out - it's very pretty in real life and looks like my clematis climbing up my pergola in the garden.




 

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Way to combine the challenges into one beautiful card!

Danni Reid said...

I love your card, beautiful take on the challenges!

Tami Hewlett said...

Beautiful card! I love how the flowers turned out!!! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Fiona! A perfect take on the inspiration photo and a fun fold to boot! So happy you shared it with us at Inspired By this week!

brrenwick said...

This is so beautiful Fiona! I love the pretty flowers. Thank you for joining us at TGIF Challenges!