Friday 18 May 2018

MOTHER'S LOVE

Mother's are everywhere at the moment especially with it being Mother's Day recently in the US and possibly Australia too? Mother's Day in the UK is always in March.  For me it's always a difficult day cause I lost my darling mum 8 years ago this month.  She actually died two days after my birthday  - I know in her heart she hung on cause she didn't want to die on my birthday- my sister had died on my son's birthday and it always makes it even more poignant. 

Anyway enough of my sad musings, my card for Case This Sketch is a mum's card of sorts - and one hopefully most of us can relate to the sentiment.

I've used the very versatile little set of stamps from Rural Springtime again.  I was inspired by my card by Donna Mikasa's card on the DT and her little bear.

Here's the sketch for the challenge 



Here's my take on the sketch - I even got a chance to use some more of the hardware from SU's Hodgepodge kit from years ago.



I'm also adding this into Addicted to CAS #136 whose theme is Mom/Mum 



 

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great take on the sketch!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Absolutely adorable card. Love the hen, chick and eggs. Love the embellishment with the buckle. Thanks so much for playing with us at ATCAS.

anja curvers said...

Such a great and funny card and great take on the sketch too. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Jaydee said...

Such a cute card! I love the hen and her chicks. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee