Thursday 10 May 2018

INSPIRED BY....JAR OF LOVE

The challenge over at Colour Inkspiration #C133 on Facebook is the following gorgeous image

Image may contain: flower, drink and plant

with the added proviso of some Stampin Up Colours of Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke and Sahara Sand.  Most of those I have apart from Marina Mist which I think is one of the retiring ones.

The Challenge over at Make My Monday #70 is Embossing,

wet or dry.




I chose to use Stampin Up's Jar of Love for my card.  I first embossed the little bugs in old SU embossing powder called Maize and the Hello was stamped in Night of Navy and then clear embossed.  I then used a mixture of the colours to ink up the jar which has been cut out with the matching framelit.  The background was colour washed in Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand and Night of Navy.  There is a little bit of wire wrapped around the top of the jar and the little metallic embellishment is a very old SU one.  Nice to be using brads again - I'm on a mission - #bringbradsback.




 

3 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Your colorwash is perfect. Your card is a winner, in my opinion!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Oh I'm loving this card Fiona. I love the coloration and the Jar of Love is simply perfect for your floral scene. Great take on the inspiration photo.

Basslady said...

wow...this looks so fabulous!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi, xoxo