Wednesday 16 May 2018

TIC TAC TOE AND TAGS

Over at my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets - we run monthly swaps and this month's swap is Tags.  My previous post shows the Tag my partner is going to receive but she is also getting the card I've made for the Tic Tac Toe challenge following the top line.





I've used purple for my background cardstock - I hope it's considered bright enough for the bright colours - it's not a colour I often use.  The DSP is from SU's Delightful Daisy collection which is a lovely collection of spring flowers and the stamp set is SU Lotus Blossom.




The interactive part of this card shows itself when you pull on the ribbon at the bottom of the card and a tag pops out.  The stamp is the lotus from the Lotus Blossom set.






My other card today for a couple of challenges also uses a type of tag on it.  The Colour Throwdown has given us these colours to work with 




and Case this Sketch has given us this 



so I've combined the two in my next card.


I've kept it simple with some SU Vanilla Cardstock and SU inks Lemon Lime Twist and Pool Party colourwashed direct onto the cardstock.  Sadly my Pool Party ink is quite dry already - I have had some issues with last year's inks.

I used SU Lotus Blossom and just added some neutral colours to ink the flower - artistic licence here cause I know lotus blossoms aren't usually shades of brown - my three colours were SU Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso with the greens for the stems.  A touch of Pool Party shimmer ribbon around the bottom and some non SU pearls which really go well finish off the tag. The sentiment in lemon lime twist is from SU Feather Together with just the first word 'and' uninked!






2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty cards!

Broni said...

So pretty! Love your softly colored background on the second card! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge this week!