Saturday 4 April 2020

SWEET STAMPIN - THINGS WITH WINGS - TAG CARD


Our challenge over at Sweet Stampin this week is Things with Wings.

I have a new stamp set from Kaisercraft called Summer Breeze - well it's new to me it may not be a new set.  It has a very cute image of a bird cage and luckily for me the birds are outside the cage - I'm not a lover of birds in cages.  They are meant to fly freely!  

I got my inspiration for my card from Dawn Griffith who had received one from SU celebrating her $2M sales - you can't even comprehend selling that much craft stuff can you!  I couldn't anyway.  I really enjoyed making this card which I think she called a Tag Card and am going to be making a few more.  I started off with some Calypso Coral card stock as the base and layered a piece of Pool Party over it which had been embossed with a leaf pattern.  I had stamped my image and cut round it and edged it with some coral sponging.  I used SU pencils to colour it in.  The banner is from Clearly Besotted and the ribbon is retired SU.



And then on to the inside which as you can see has four tags in it.  These are one piece of paper folded, concertina'd and then the sides are cut out with a scissors to create the tag effect.  I used some of SU's DSP Bird Ballad for the two of the inside tags.  I cut out one of the cages for the first tag and restamped the birds and the flowers from the stamp set and added them with dimensionals.  On the third tag I stamped the flower branch from the same Summer Breeze set and fussy cut out one of the birds from the DSP.  









 

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous creation for our 'Things with Wings' challenge hun, love the embossing and the fun reveal that the tags give when you open the card. So cool! Hugs, Wends xoxo