Saturday 28 March 2020

SWEET STAMPIN CHALLENGE - MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND


What surreal times we are living in at the moment - most of the UK is in lockdown and we are told not to leave our homes unless for food or other emergency.  Yesterday was my mother in law's funeral - well burial really as that was all we were allowed and only close family so just four of us.  Not much after 94 years on the planet!  Everything going on at the moment was definitely on my mind when I was searching for sentiments for this card. I have sent out loads of cards this week to friends and family members who I won't get to see for a long while - just to keep in touch and cheer them up!

At Sweet Stampin Challenge this week we are challenging you to make your own background - I love doing this and as I've recently got myself a pot of Embossing Paste from Stampin Up this was definitely on the menu.  I coloured the paste with some SU Lemon Lime Twist and used the same colour for the card stock. I used the lovely medallion stencil from SU.

I then used the Floral Essences stamp set and stamped up some flowers in Melon Mambo and some leaves in Lemon Lime Twist and fussy cut them out.  I added some string and gems and dimensionals to give it all a lift.  I think the sentiments work just perfectly - the Life is Messy is from SU Pretty Kitty.  Keep in touch is from Clearly Besotted.

I hope you all get a chance to do some crafting and join in with us.  Stay safe and well.






 

1 comment:

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful. Sending you lots of love too x