Thursday 19 March 2020

EMBOSSING PASTE

I find I am always late to the party!  That goes for trends in crafting too - so here I am playing with Embossing paste for the first time.  And dare I say I love it!  I fancied using it on scrapbook pages but my first attempt was for a card.  

Over on my Facebook Page I have a challenge running just to keep us all busy whilst a lot of us are at home because of the dreaded virus.  It was a case of one of the cards out of the current catalogue, page 90.  It also fits in with the challenge over at Global Design Project #gdp232.

I used some of the embossing paste and added a touch of Soft Sky re-inker to get a gorgeous blue colour. I love how it shimmers!  I added this to a piece of Soft Sky using one of the masks.  I was surprised how quickly it dried!  I also had a new set The Gang's All Meer and wanted to use the little guy.  I stamped him and then cut him out and layered him up!  The leaves and flowers were from my stash.  The sentiment stamped in Early Espresso is from Kaisercraft Curiosity stamps and the background paper is also one of theirs.

I'm going to be playing with the paste a lot more I can tell.



I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

As You See It Challenge - my favourite type of card is a RAK which I send out on my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets - we have a RAK group and send each other cards all over the world

Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes




 

4 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

This is a great time for sending cards, Fiona! I like the embossing paste at the back as it adds both texture and pattern. Cute meer cat and the sentiment is perfect for these times. Thanks for playing with us again at As You See It Challenge.

Kampin' Karen said...

I too rarely use my embossing paste. I'm surprised it hasn't dried up! I love your card and SU did a great job with the meer cats. I think I'll get my set out today and play!

Heather Cooper said...

Fiona, I love the colour and sparkle of your embossing paste design in the background, and the message delivered by the little meerkat is so appropriate at this time! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges.

Anna M. said...

Oh my! You did a wonderful job with the embossing paste! Love the effect on the background. T

Thank you and we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!