Friday 7 September 2018

VERSATILE STAMPS

My card today is showing the versatility of stamps and taking one stamp and making it do something other than its original purpose. I've challenged my members on Joy of Sets  Facebook Group to give some more examples.  I can't wait to see what they all come up with.  If you love Stampin Up retired and current , and other stamp companies, why not come and join us.

My card was inspired by the imagery on Inspired By Challenge this week 




My card has used a stamp from the Stampin Up Build a Bouquet retired set - the stamp in question I believe is a wood grain stamp.  I've used it here to create the picnic blanket.  I used a total of 5 SU colours to create the blanket - Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Fresh Fig and Pacific Point.  I even frayed the edges to give them the effect of the blanket.








I used the retired Apple of My Eye set for the apple image and kept the colour theme going with the embellishments.  I wanted it to look really autumnal and hopefully that's what I've achieved.



I'm also including this card into The Paper Players #pp408







             

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your creative picnic blanket Fiona - very clever and a perfect background to the apple. Thanks for playing along with my lunch box love notes challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Laurel said...

This is amazing, love how you created your background! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun card, Fiona! I just love how you created that background. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players. :)